So, in honor of Thanksgiving, I decided to do a small top 10 list of things I'm thankful for this year. I believe I did something like this either last year or the year before, but who cares! Its a new year, and I have new (and old) things to be grateful for.
What are ya'll most thankful for this year?
10. My Ex's- I'm pretty sure that if I did this list before this was on it then as well. It's more of a statement that I am thankful for my past experiences and relationships, whether they were good or bad, and regardless of their outcome, because they made me who I am today.
9. My country- where despite the fact that were my right to do what we do put to a vote, it would probably lose, it ISN'T put to a vote because that's kinda the whole point; Yay freedom! :) And boo Pakistan and its anti Monkey-crotch policies! (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you should really think about googling it)
8. "Talk-to-Text" on cell phones- Seriously, Androids kick ass, and the Galaxy S II is sooo cool! And now I can text while driving without getting spanked for it! And 4G! I mean seriously, "to the google!" has become my new favorite line.
7. Zyrtec-D- I've always had bad allergies and really really messed up sinuses (I'm just putting off the inevitable sinus surgery really), and have taken this medicine since way back when it was a prescription, but now that I am allergic to my number 2 on this list, it is even more important. I am grateful that I can bury my face in his little neck and kiss kiss kiss all over his little head, and only be in a moderate state of unease lol :)
6. The internet- I mean really. Google, the Vlogbrothers, spanking fanfiction, the list goes on and on. And hey, without it, I wouldn't be, as Francesca likes to call me, "internet famous."
5. This community- There are no words.
4. My health, good fortune, and success
3. My family and friends, including my Nana, Papa and baby sister as well as my daddy Paul.
2. Mozzie- I have never loved anything in this world the way I love my little Mozzie-man. He is my furry baby, and I feel like I finally have some understanding of what parent's feel towards their children. He is the love of my life, and my best friend. Every night in my apartment when I'm by myself and it gets kinda scary and could be very lonely, I just say "hey moz!" and he comes and nuzzles me or plays with me. He is always there to welcome me home, and he is just the most wonderful gift in my life. I can't believe that anyone ever could have not wanted him, and I feel just so blessed and thankful that he is mine.
1. My new-found happiness- This may seem silly to some. I've always had most of these things, so shouldn't I have always been happy? Well, we all know that just because you have good fortune and wonderful opportunities, it doesn't mean that happiness comes easily or at all. I thank god every single day that I wake up happy. Overcoming my depression is something that I can't begin to describe. I feel like I took this huge risk moving back home and starting this business and getting Mozzie, and all these things... I'm so far from where I thought I would be at this moment, and where I was "supposed" to be... but I am so much closer to happiness than I've been in a very very long time. And I am just so thankful to be out of that darkness. To anyone who is still in that place, I promise you, it will get better. Keep fighting.
I love you all, and thank you for the last three years. They have been amazing.