Sunday, November 14, 2010

I Love Pink

The color too, but right now I'm talking about the singer, P!nk as she is officially known on iTunes.

I have been a huge fan of hers since I was 11 and she came on the scene with her hiphop esque first album. Then of course, Misunderstood.... I don't think there has ever been an album that spoke more perfectly to those of us in middle school than that CD. And that was me at the time. Plus "Family Portrait" I truly believe is one of the greatest and most heart crushing songs of all time. I love the vast majority of her songs (Dear Mr. President, Glitter in the Air, Sober, Just Like a Pill, God is a DJ, Who Knew, U and Ur Hand all come to mind), and then of course there is the fact that she has a very similar belt range to me. Thats a singing term. Mine is a bit higher than hers, but that just means all her songs are really easy for me to just belt to the heavens. (I sang Dear Mr. President acapella at my high school (in TX) open mic night- it was fucking awesome)

The song Trouble was my person anthem for about 4 years. I never did anything really wrong (other than get in some fights with teachers....and get them fired :) ) bc I needed to get into college (naturally) but in my mind, I was trouble. Oh soooo much trouble. :)

Hmmm, guess I wasn't too far off....

Well the reason I'm posting this is because I have just watched the music video for Raise Your Glass about 7 times, and I just....LOVE it! I mean some of the animal rights stuff gets a bit intense, but the overall message, and especially the end with her dancing, LMFAO. And I just felt like I really needed to share. :)


Anywho, you should all watch it. And just rock the fuck out. Bc we ARE all awesome, and wrong in all the right ways.
Spankos sometimes, well we tend to look down at ourselves for a good chunk of our lives I feel. Until we find this type of arena, when we realize we're not alone. But I totally know, for that reason and so many more, what this is all about, and I am just so thankful that we are all here together to be able to say loud and clear, "here I am. If you don't like me, fuck you!" And I know that one day we will all be able to say that out loud too. Even if its only to ourselves.

So, we should fucking raise a glass to ourselves because we deserve it.

HERE'S TO US!

xoxo
Princess Kelley


Wow. So I was just adding all of the links for this post, and I was listening to Dear Mr. President...I had forgotten how powerful that song is, even if you don't agree with the political message, the music itself is so amazing. I just want to belt it out! Damn dorm room!

3 comments:

  1. hi kelley,
    first i want to say that i really Loves to the point of madness the girls like you who loves to be spanked.
    but i don't know what is the Pleasure of being Beaten and humiliated?
    i can't understand why you and other people who love spanking do such things with themselves and enjoying when make other people humiliate them, i think only the spanker who enjoy that because it gives him strength and a sense of confidence and arrogance
    believe me I do not mean any disrespect or insult' but i really want to know.
    please answer me here or @ my email, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screw the "damn dorm", you should belt it out anyway haha! Great post Kelley :) It's cool that the artist with the name of your favorite color has inspired you for so long. Have you ever seen Pink's Queen cover of Bohemian Rhapsody? Pretty good stuff too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cL8lGioyOM
    *Hugs
    :)
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too really enjoy Pink, she does a wide variety of stuff. Her Misunderstood album was great.

    ReplyDelete