Monday, February 21, 2011

"Do you think our love can create miracles?"

The Notebook came out a long time ago. And as a person, a girl, who loves ridiculous romance, and loves movies, one would think this would be on my all time favorites list. One of the movies that I would pull out and watch again and again with my tissues near by.

But that's note case. I knew it was supposed to be epic- every girls favorite movie. And I knew that I would love it- everything from the wrap around porches on the big southern homes, to the 1940s hair and make-up. But I just never did. I could never find the moment where I just wanted to cry. Going into a movie just knowing you're going to end up bawling your eyes out- even if you don't know why- for me at least, makes me less likely to watch it.

But tonight, I don't know. I guess I decided to bite the bullet. I wanted to feel like that, to escape into another world the way great movies can. So I'm sitting here, tears streaming down my face, and I can say that I don't regret that decision for a moment. In fact I dearly regret not having seen this sooner.

"But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."

xoxo
Princess Kelley

2 comments:

  1. From Annapurna

    Hi Kelley,

    For me it’s the “English Patient.” The most poignant scene of the entire move is when Count László Almásy (Ralph Fiennes) carries the dead body of Katharine Clifton (Kristin Scott Thomas) from a cave where he had left Katherine in order to get aid for her life-threatening injuries after a plane crash. In a single moment, I experienced heart-shattering grief for not only the Count, but for all the people I had known, loved, and lost in my life. No other moment in cinematic history has affected me as deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely romantic you are :)

    ReplyDelete