Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years Eve

Hey Team,

So I was going to do- and will do tomorrow- a "year in review" post (probably in audio form with visual aides :) ). However, tonight I am having a party- my first official party as the hostess actually. I have always lived in dorm rooms at school and thus have never hosted a party. Well I hosted a party my freshman year at someone else's house....that ended poorly (re: over a toilet).

So anyway, lol. I'm very excited and have spent all day putting it together, so I haven't had time to do that. But I am currently getting ready, and I have put on my silver dress. This is a dress I bought 3 years ago, and have worn it seems every New Year's Eve since then.

2 years ago we were on a cruise, and I was very very sick. There are no photos that I can find of me by myself in that dress but the next day I took this photo in another pretty dress. Then last year I wore the silver dress to a party, and I felt really pretty (and happy re: tipsy) so I took photos when I got home.

This unfortunately leads me to a not so happy and fun position right now. I am wearing the exact same outfit as I did last year- same necklace even. And it fits, but I can clearly see that I am heavier in it. I mean it is clear that I have gained weight each year, but...well wearing something that used to look a certain way and now doesn't is always a bit distressing.

None the less, I am excited to ring in the new year- and I put on fun panties just for the occasion ;) And I still love my sparkly dress :). And when I think about what got me this bit of extra flesh I remember my house-parents in Italy and their amazing food and love and affection, and the joy that I had while I was there, and how through working hard to lose the weight now I have actually begun to address the eating issues I've had all my life, and it all seems pretty much worth it. :)

Fun little diddy of me through the years. Actually its me through blogging. I started this blog 2 months before the first picture was taken in 2008.

xoxo
Princess Kelley






3 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you, Kelley. You look stunning in each of the photos. Are you one to make resolutions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kelly, I hope you all the best for the year to come. I hope your party was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice blog. Extremely appealing pictures, thoughts and general musings. Happy New Year. Dr S-C

    ReplyDelete